Platter Straße 72 - 78
In 1906, Mathilde Grossmann, Julie Matuschka-Greiffenclau and Anna Schipper founded the Johannesstift Welfare Society which looked after "disgraced girls" and female prisoners. One year later, Mathilde Grossmann gave the Society the building at Platter Straße 78, which the Bishop of Limburg dedicated and from then on bore the name Johannisstift. In 1908, the building was expanded to include a home for infants.
The Second World War caused the building enormous damage. At the same time, those in power at the time demanded the use of the Johannesstift as a back-up hospital. At the end of the war, the Johannesstift was rebuilt and expanded.