Evangelische Kirche Hochheim am Main
65239 Hochheim am Main
Telefon: 06146 / 2350
Telefax: 06146 / 61134
religious denomination: protestant
From 1803, an increasing number of Protestant Christians moved to Hochheim. In the early years, their religious needs were met by the church in Massenheim. The church council elected in 1836 asked for permission to build a house of prayer in Hochheim, as the parish then had 290 members. This house of God, a chapel, opened for services with a ceremony in 1849.
The interior of the church was completely redesigned in 1996/97. According to a carefully thought-out plan, the classic nave was turned into a modern room, which is not a lifeless room for prayer, but a cheerful hall, which provides space for modern and traditional concepts. After the latest redesigning of the interior, the parish now has an inviting, bright and warm house of God at its disposal, which offers space for services of many kinds and for various events. The bistro "Hereafter" is open at cultural events, as summer café from 2 to 6 p.m. and on special occasions. It serves homemade cakes, coffee and other drinks.
Points of interest
- Ceiling paintings
- Redesigned interior
Line 48, Bus stop: Antonius Haus;
S-Bahn 1, Train station: Hochheim (Main)/Bahnhof