Mainzer Sommerlichter – Mainz Summer Lights
Following a dazzling premiere in 2016, the second edition of Mainz Summer Lights is scheduled to be held from 28 to 30 July 2017. High spirits, terrific live music, a spectacular fireworks display choreographed to music, entertainment for the young and old as well as diverse culinary treats for a whole three days – there will be something to suit everyone's taste.
An exciting programme is waiting for visitors along a promenade stretching for almost a mile between Fischtor and Kaisertor, and this year, for the first time, also including the opposite riverside near the Kastel Museum Castellum.
- live music for free: Stefanie Heinzmann, Heavytones, Se Bummtschacks, Brothers in Arms, and many more
- grand aerial fireworks display synchronised to music, incl. laser light show
- fireworks experience aboard a ship on the Rhine
- riverside attractions featuring street food, a wine village, and amusement rides
- plus family Sunday for the young and old
- Friday, 28 July 2017: entertainment starts at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, 29 July 2017: entertainment starts at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, 30 July 2017: entertainment starts at 11 a.m.