The house with its sandstone facade is built in the neo-baroque style. Since the 16th century, a magnificent guest house named “Grüner Wald” (green forest) stood on the same site. In 1899/1900, the architect Wilhelm Rehbold rebuilt the building as the "Grüner Wald" hotel. Even today, the even distribution of the same-sized balconies bears witness to the former function of the building as a hotel. The building was renovated between 1995 and 1997 and has since served as a residential and commercial building.