Hotel "Kurhaus Bad Nerotal"
The historic building with the address Nerotal 18, considered together with the previous building on this site, can look back over 160 years of history. In 1851, Samuel Löwenherz, a businessman, built a cold-water health facility there after having had his cloth fulling mill reconstructed. In 1905, the two and a half storey structure was torn down in favour of a taller new building in a simplified Wilheminian neo-Baroque style by the architect Albert Wolff. In April 1907, the hotel "Kurhaus Bad Nerotal" was re-opened and experienced its most successful years from 1930, during which their clients were wealthy patients from Germany and abroad. In 1944, bombs destroyed the upper storey, in the still intact part of the building the two doctors continued to operate the clinic until 1957.
In 1992, the Wiesbaden Public Housing Corporation (Gemeinnützige Wohnungsgesellschaft) purchased the villa and began renovation work. Since 1997, the former "Kurhaus Bad Nerotal" has also housed a privately operated theatre, thalhaus.