Hotel Schwarzer Bock
The Hotel Schwarzer Bock, first documented in 1486, today still borders the Kranzplatz along its south-eastern edge and is among the city's oldest spa hotels. The hotel is named after its first owner, the Lord Mayor Philipp zu Bock, who was given the nick name "Schwarzer Bock" (black he-goat) because of his black hair. The building's current appearance dates from 1871/72. The hotel was expanded and built higher in 1902/03, when the former bath Zur Goldenen Kette was attached. In the sixties, the historical charm of the building disappeared with the neo-classical facade and the addition of two new storeys.