Hessian State Theatre
By order of Kaiser Wilhelm II. the Hessian State Theatre was built between 1892 and 1894 by Fellner and Helmer, two Viennese architects.
The magnificent and majestic foyer in Rococo style was added in 1902. The theatre auditorium in the "Grosses Haus" is a revival of the Baroque style and has 1041 seats. The "Kleines Haus" has 328 seats and the "Studio" 89. In addition there are 190 seats in the "Wartburg".