The Saalburg is situated in the Taunus area, northwest of Bad Homburg. In the Roman times it was a fort (lat.: castellum) including a camp village at the limes. Around 1900 German Emperor William II., arranged the reconstruction of the disintegrated fort according to the original.
Many findings of Roman times are exhibited inside the Saalburg such as crockery, jewellery, coins, tools, sculptures and weapons. Together with detailed models of buildings, textual representations and depictions these findings discoveries create a realistic impression of the daily life in Roman Germania.