After 1300 the first Gothic church was constructed on the foundations of a pre-existing Carolingian-Romanesque church which had been dedicated to St. Dionysus.
An expansion took place from 1460 to 1493 in which the galleries, chancel and sacristy of the church were enlarged to their current size. According to new research, this was undertaken by the Master Builder Wolfgang Tenc. The newly expanded church was dedicated to St. Valentine.
St. Valentinuskirche (Church) in Kiedrich with the oldest playable organ in Germany from 1500, is a masterpiece of Gothic church architecture.