Sprungmarken
Dynamische Navigation einblenden
Dynamische Navigation ausblenden
Suche einblenden
Tourism

Kranzplatz

Kranzplatz was developed by the Romans as a thermal spring facility in the first century AD. In the ensuing years a healing culture developed which eventually led to the construction of the "Trinkhalle" in 1887, where spa guests could drink thermal water tonics. The competition between the bath hotels compelled their owners to adapt and modernize constantly, which resulted in the Kranzplatz getting a new face within a few years in the 19th century. The only structure which remained unchanged since the 15th century is the hotel "Schwarzer Bock".
In 1945, bombs destroyed a large portion of the historical square, but the Kochbrunnentempel and the remains of the arcades give visitors a sense of the former magnificence of Kranzplatz.