Breckenheim cemetery
Breckenheim cemetery
Bergwiesenstraße,
65207 Wiesbaden-Breckenheim
Bus service
Line 23, stop: “Alte Dorfstraße”
Contact:
Breckenheim Local Administration: 06122-13294
Before 1819, the cemetery was still located in the courtyard of what is now the Evangelical Church of Breckenheim. On the grounds of today’s cemetery on Bergwiesenstraße, the only older grave site remaining in the center is that of Pastor Walther, who led the congregation from 1910 to 1926 and was buried here under a striking large black stone.
A simple soldier’s grave of a fallen soldier from the Eifel region will be preserved and maintained here until 2045. The funeral hall is the result of the dedication of Breckenheim’s mayor, Willi Blankemeyer, who consistently advocated for its construction on the site following the cemetery’s expansion in 1979. Until then, there had been only a small mortuary where only one deceased person could be laid to rest at a time, and which was no longer sufficient to accommodate Breckenheim’s growth. A third major expansion of the cemetery grounds—which now cover over 13 hectares—became necessary in 2011.
The following types of graves are available at the Breckenheim Cemetery:
· Chosen burial plot for children
· Single-family burial plot for urns
· Customized lawn urn burial plot
Established in 1819,
covering an area
of 13,297 m². View cemetery map
