Rambach cemetery
Rambach cemetery
At the Rambach Cemetery,
65207 Wiesbaden-Rambach
Bus service
Line 16, “Ostpreußenstraße” stop
Contact:
Ms. Hiß-Kaiser: 0611-541717
The Rambach Cemetery was originally located in the center of the village, right next to what is now the church on Kirchweg. After this church was rebuilt in 1898—a project that required the demolition of a dilapidated chapel—the village leaders relocated the cemetery to the southwestern slope of the Kitzelberg. The steep and barren area was thus put to “good use.” Over time, the families of Rambach purchased plots here, which financed the cemetery’s development during the first few decades.
The owners of these plots and their descendants are therefore the landowners of the burial plots. A special grave site is located below the old mortuary. A teacher named Doderer was buried here around 1910. He must have been a true educator with great charisma, for the grateful families of his exceptionally eager and capable students donated a seated angel carved from precious marble in his honor.
Not even an aerial bomb that exploded in the immediate vicinity during the bombing raid on Rambach in February 1945—knocking over all the headstones—could do much damage to the statue.
The following types of graves are available at the Rambach Cemetery:
· Chosen burial plot for children
· Single-family burial plot for urns
· Customized lawn urn burial plot
The
cemetery
has existed since approximately 1902 and
covers an area
of 8,000 m²
