Russian Orthodox Church
Wiesbaden's only Russian-Orthodox church is located on Neroberg and is called the Greek Chapel by local residents. Duke Adolph von Nassau had the church built between 1849 and 1855 to house the funerary monument of his wife who died while giving birth, the Russian Princess Elisabeth Michailowna, Grand Duchess of Russia and Duchess of Nassau.
The Nassau Master Builder Philipp Hoffmann erected the house of prayer following the model of the Moscow Church of the Redeemer in the style of romantic Historicism.
Today, the Russian-Orthodox church is the parish church of Wiesbaden's Russian community. The Russian Orthodox cemetery adjacent to the building contains interesting graves from the 19th century.